Friday, July 11, 2014

Brain Rules and Games



BRAIN RULES: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home and School
By: John Medina                       4 Stars

I had an old version, one from 2008, before it was updated by combining the two memory rules and adding music. I found the updated information at the website, http://brainrules.net/
I wasn't able to actually read the entire book, just catch the summaries at the end of each rule and watch the DVD. Meaning, my rating might not be the same if I actually had time to read all the details.
The rules were interesting. Some of them are standard rules everyone seems to know, others I had guessed at and had confirmed (vision would be the last sense I would want to lose). Fortunately, I did learn a few things as well.
Now, if we can get everyone to apply the rules in order to make work and school more conductive to improving brain activity and productivity, we will be set. I don't see that happening anytime soon though.


12 BRAIN RULES
shorttermMEMORY: Repeat to remember. Remember to repeat.

P.S. Tune into one of my new favorite TV shows, Brain Games, on the National Geographic Channel!

No comments:

Post a Comment